Constant Contact Nonprofit Pulse Survey: Attracting New Supporters Keeps Nonprofits Up at Night
Majority of nonprofits see potential of social media marketing to help with engaging supporters
WALTHAM, Mass.--(Business Wire)--According to new survey data from Constant Contact®, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTCT), the challenge of attracting new supporters is keeping 64% of nonprofits up at night. While the Constant Contact 2012 Nonprofit Pulse Survey revealed nonprofit concerns related to cash flow and staff levels, it also revealed that 58 percent find social media marketing an effective marketing tool that can be deployed to address these concerns.
“While more nonprofits understand that social media can help them attract and engage supporters, it’s still a bit of a mystery to them in terms of how to actually use it themselves”
What’s Keeping Nonprofits Up at Night
When it comes to running their organizations effectively, nonprofits are concerned about attracting new supporters and connecting more effectively with existing supporters. When asked what keeps them up at night:
- 64 percent said how to attract new supporters.
- 59 percent said how to connect and better engage with existing supporters.
- 57 percent said getting funding.
Management and measurement of marketing activities were also addressed:
- 34 percent said having a more integrated communication strategy.
- 22 percent said how to make marketing dollars go further.
- 20 percent said how to measure the impact of marketing campaigns.