Philanthropreneur: Why Business Owners Should Get Involved In Local Nonprofits

By Shuly Oletsky
President, Frigibar Industries, Inc.
via www.huffingtonpost.com

I’m an accidental philanthropist, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.


I first got involved in Easter Seals nearly 15 years ago when my former boss, part of the West Palm Beach Easter Seals founding group, “asked” me to help out with an event. I obliged, and was instantly amazed at the passion and good-hearted nature of the people that were a part of the organization. It was contagious.


The more I got involved, the more I wanted to get involved. I now serve on the Easter Seals Florida Board and assist with events, including the Get Down to Business Lunch. The organization, and philanthropy, are now a part of me and my business.


          Read more:

Comments

Popular Posts