Add Volunteering To Your Unretirement Plan

By Chris Farrell, Next Avenue Contributorvia forbes.com

(Next Avenue blogger and Unretirement author Chris Farrell now has a weekly Unretirement podcast on iTunes. You can listen to the first episode at the end of this article.)

Terry Araman, of Phoenix, may have had the shortest retirement I’ve come across working on this unretirement column. “After four days of retirement, I said: ‘This isn’t going to work for me,’” he laughed.

I had reached out to Araman because last summer, while I was giving a breakfast talk, he made an impassioned case for anyone contemplating a second-act shift into the nonprofit sector from the for-profit world to first spend time volunteering. I wanted to learn more about why Araman thought volunteering was so critical to the shift.


           Read more:

Comments

Popular Posts