3 Signs of a Bad Nonprofit Strategic Plan

By Nell Edgington
www.socialvelocity.net


I’ve been leading several strategic planning processes lately, and as we wrapped up the last planning meeting for one of my clients (who had been encouraged to create a strategic plan by a funder) my client announced:

          “I have to confess that when we started this process 6 months ago I inwardly rolled my eyes because I thought it would be a pointless process, full of silly buzzwords and with little value. I have completely changed my mind. I can already see how this new plan is making us smarter, more effective and more sustainable.”

 Yep, I completely get it.

 Strategic planning, when poorly done, is just a joke. But, when strategic planning is done well, it can completely transform an organization.

 And there are three key places where a bad strategic plan falls short:

           Read more:

Comments

Popular Posts