Grant Workshop- Something for Everyone

Grant Workshop- Oct 7 from 10-1
Main Library Auditorium

I have been getting some calls and emails wanting to know more specifics on this workshop. Is it only for beginners? If I already have nonprofit status will I get anything out of it? So I thought I would give some more details on what all we will be covering.

The presenters will be myself and Daphne Wright, an independent grant and project management consultant.
Here is a brief overview of the program.

  • Overview of 501-3c status..... what is it, what are the advantages
  • How does a nonprofit go about raising funds and where to begin
  • Where do you look for resources
  • Discussion of Fiscal Sponsorship, what is it, should you use one, should you be one
  • Nonprofit collaborations, diversification of funding, and relationship building
  • Proposal writing -preparation, project description, budget, narrative
  • What to do before and after you write the grant

The program will take place from 10-12 but there is an option to bring a bag lunch and stay after to network. (I will provide the drinks) I encourage everyone to participate in this no matter where you are in the nonprofit world. Remember, the success of your organization is not solely dependent on what you know, but also on who you know.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call me at 805-6930 or email jonesmi@ccpl.org.

Comments

Popular Posts