Grant Writers Needed
Preferred applicants will be experienced in writing federal grants in the fields of education, health, and human services. Applicant must be willing to work as an independent contractor.
Responsibilities: Grant writing services may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Analyze the RFP, application package, and Federal Register announcement
- Research and gather statistics concerning the client’s community and comparative state and national data
- Conduct scientifically based research related to existing standards and emerging theories, current trends, promising practices, and program models relevant to the grant
- Interview key stakeholders and conduct focus groups among key stakeholders
- Develop each section of the grant proposal to address all grant requirements in accordance with the RFP, particularly components identified as priorities
- Prepare drafts of every aspect of the grant application as directed by RA;
- Develop program budget clearly aligned with the grant program that includes both descriptive text and relevant formulas
- Prepare all required appendices
Interested persons should submit an e-mail to email@example.com with “Contracted Grant Writer” in the Subject Line. Attachments (in Word) should include:
- A 1-2 page letter of interest stating why you are interested in this position, why we should contract with you, your required hourly rate, and your availability (hours per week/month)
- Your résumé
- Your grant writing experience including the number and types of grants you have written in the past five years including funding source, amount of award, and your role (for team efforts)
- You are encouraged to submit a proposal narrative and budget representative of your recent work.
Please respond by September 15, 2008. No phone calls, please.