Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Visit their website for more information and details on applying for a scholarship.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
An International Symposium: Building Safe, Humane, and Responsive Communities for Children and Families
To register visit www.familysymposium.com.
Registration (with opportunities for discounted membership in the sponsoring organizations) will be available until the time of the symposium.
Deadline for Lodging Reservations: March 16, 2009
For reservations contact the Westin Poinsett at 888.627.8931 (Ask for the Family Symposium reduced rate.)
Highlights of the Program
Plenary session topics include:
· Community Life, Mental Health, and Children’s Rights
· Community-Building Before, During, and After Times of Trauma
· The Meaning of “Community” in Children’s and Families’ Everyday Lives: A Cross-
· School Bullying: Large-Scale Implementation and Dissemination of the Olweus Bullying
Paper session topics include:
· Neighborliness and the Well-Being of Children and Families
· Making Schools Safer and More Humane
· Building Foundations for Systems of Care
· Building More Responsive Public Health Care
· Child Protection: International Perspectives
· Families in Transition
· Engagement of Parents and Young People
· Schools for Young People in Need of an Alternative
· Children in Transition
· Communities that Notice and Care for Children and Parents: The Strong Communities
· Enhancing Community Assets
· Challenges to Community
· Religious Organizations as Centers of Community
· Measuring Children’s Safety and Well-Being
Poster session topics Include:
· Recovery from Child Maltreatment
· Innovations in Child and Family Services
To review the complete program, visit www.familysymposium.com.
Clemson University, Institute on Family & Neighborhood Life - celebrating 10 years of generating, sharing, and applying knowledge needed to strengthen ties between families and communities.
American Orthopsychiatric Association - strengthening values of social justice in the mental health professions.
International Family Therapy Association - promoting strong families, peace, and well-being throughout the world.
International Society for Child Indicators - improving and applying indicators of the well-being of children around the world.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Join professional auctioneer and speaker Matt Holiday for this informative workshop on how to maximize revenue at your next fundraising auction event. This workshop was a big hit in Greenville so don't miss the opportunity to attend our next workshop on 2/24/09 in Mount Pleasant, SC.
Space is limited so reserve your space by clicking here.
Learn the keys to creating a record-breaking fundraising auction, even in these challenging times.
At this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Maximize revenue from your auction event
- Streamline the check-in and check-out process
- Procure desirable items for the auction that benefit bidders & donors
- Determine the ideal timeline for your event
- Plan, advertise, and budget for your next auction event
- Use software to streamline the auction process
- Avoid common mistakes that organizations make when having an auction
- Conduct other fun activities at your auction to raise money
- Capture Internet auction opportunities & explore the latest benefit auction trends
The workshop will include round-table discussions, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and benefit from the previous auction experiences of the Holiday Auction team and your fellow attendees.
Pre-registration required. Space will be limited so register early. Cost is only $79 per person, includes the workshop, materials and lunch ($69 for SCANPO members).
To reserve a space, go to http://www.rsvpbook.com/event.php?480151. Call 1-800-554-4306 with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the Workshop! A special thank you to our kind host and valued client, Trident Academy!
Where & When Library at Trident Academy 1455 Wakendaw Road Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:00am - 2:00pm Cost: $79 ($69 for SCANPO members)
Monday, February 9, 2009
Hurwit and Associates Nonprofit Law Resource Library
South Carolina Secretary of State
Samples of Nonprofit Bylaws
An online tutorial on establishing a nonprofit
This covers most of what the PowerPoint presentation covered.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
How to Start a Nonprofit
February 4 at 11 a.m.
In the Main Library Auditorium
This workshop will explore the basics steps of becoming a nonprofit as well as other options such as fiscal sponsorship. It will also provide new nonprofits with some tips of what to do before seeking grants.
Call 805-6930 for more information.
Monday, February 2, 2009
The Women’s Resource Project, Inc.
Ms. Donna Brazile
Friday, March 20, 2009
Embassy Suites-Convention Center Ballroom
5055 International Blvd. North Charleston, SC
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
For additional information, please contact:
Barbara Gathers, Executive Director