Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
LEEP has been choosen to be a part of Whole Foods Market 5% day. This means 5% of the total sales at Whole Foods for this day will go to LEEP.
So get on over to Whole Foods and stock up. Don't forget to go by their booth to say hello. Ian Sanchez will be playing his sax throughout the day for shoppers!! I wonder if he knows any Red Hot Chili Peppers? : )
CreateAthon® is a 24-hour, work-around the clock creative blitz during which Trio Solutions Inc. provides marketing and creative services to Lowcountry nonprofit organizations on a pro-bono basis. The selected nonprofits have little or no marketing budgets.
Trio Solutions is the official CreateAthon® agency for the Charleston-metro area.
The round-the-clock creative work will begin at 8 a.m. on Thursday.
The deadline for CreateAthon® 2008 applications is July 28. Five organizations will be selected by Trio Solutions Inc. to receive CreateAthon® 2008 services and will be announced on August 4.
Please visit www.trio-solutions.com for more information or to download an application.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
- Operates a medical clinic for injured birds of prey
- Offers on-site and outreach educational programs
- Conducts field and laboratory research studies
- Participates in and supports international conservation issues
- Is a first line responder for oiled birds in the event of an oil spill affecting native bird populations and their fragile breading habitats along the South Atlantic coast
- Serves as a primary resource for creating ongoing awareness of the ecological impacts of a spill and proactive measures available to reduce the likelihood of such an event
To learn more about the Center for Birds of Prey, visit their website at http://www.thecenterforbirdsofprey.org/ or go check it out in person. The Center is now open to the public on Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays from 10:00-5:00 with guided walking tours at 10:30 and 2:00 and flight demonstrations at 11:30 and 3:00.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Lowcountry Golden Retriever Rescue will be there to answer any question you have about fostering, adoption, and volunteering. Visit http://www.lcgrr.org/ for more info.
LowCountry Pitbull Rescue Meet and Greet-Sat., June 28, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at All is Well, 1409-D Folly Road
Adoptable dogs, volunteers, foster parents, literature, and lots of Pit Bull lovers. Call 843-834-4312 for more info.
Early Morning Birdwalks at Caw Caw Interpretive Center on Wednesdays, Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
No pre-registration required. Visit http://www.ccprc.com/ for more info.
Tours of the Sea Turtle Hospital at the SC Aquarium on Wednesdays, Fridays, 1 p.m.
http://www.scaquarium.org/ for more info
Darkness to Light Workshop
Be trained to implement Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children™ child sexual abuse prevention course. Visit http://www.darkness2light.org/news/events.asp for more information.
Want to have your organization's event posted? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
“Planning for Your Long Term Care Needs”
Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center
109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Long Term Care – Understanding, Planning and Paying for Long Term Care
Long Term Care Insurance & Other Financing Options
Medicaid Eligibility - Considerations and How to Apply, Including Waiver Services
Legal Issues – Power of Attorney, Will, Advanced Directives, Guardianship and Conservatorship, Letter of Last Instruction
Please RSVP: 843-554-2283 or email@example.com
Monday, June 16, 2008
Topic: GRANT PROPOSAL REVIEW
We will simulate an actual Grant Proposal Review Process:
- You will be a member of a grant review team and be assigned 2-3 proposals to read and critique.
- Along with your other team members, you will review the funding guidelines and review criteria.
- Discuss your thoughts with your teammates as you decide on the proposal’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Each team will write their comments on the proposal and share them with the larger group.
- The members of the Grant Review Panel will review the comments from the teams and share their thoughts on the proposals.
Grant Review Panel:
Anne Weston Sass, Grants Development Officer, Roper St. Francis Foundation
Mary “Holly” Craighead, Eastern Shore Research and Development, LLC
Mary Carmichael, Director of Finance & Grants Mgmt., Chas. Charter School for Math & Science, Inc.
Please come out for a great program! This is always one of the most popular programs. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
For more information or to register, please visit www.thenonprofitnook.com or call (843) 216-0442.
Other Upcoming Workshops
July 16 Working with Printers – Know the Lingo and How it Works
August 13 Put the WOW! Factor in Your Event Without Breaking the Bank
Sept 17 Search Engine Marketing and Optimization
Non-profit guides are free Web-based grant-writing tools for non-profit organizations, charitable, educational, public organizations, and other community-minded groups.
This site has some great tips and sample proposals.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008